Where to go
This delightful hill station, at an altitude of 1,067 m (5,501 ft), lies in the verdant hills of the Satpura Range. In 1857 Cpt. James Forsyth of the Bengal Lancers spotted this saucer shaped plateau and was quickly developed into summer retreat and army station by the British.
The town retains the genteel Raj-era ambience and amongst its colonial relics are the Christ Church built in 1875
Pachmarhi means “Five Houses” and the town takes its name from the five ancient Pandav caves. Pachmarhi major attractions include waterfalls and pools, and caves with prehistoric art.
The wooded hills around Pachmarhi are dotted with caves shelters, some of them with cave painting dating back 10,000 years. It is also home of the Gond and Korku tribes.